Fruit Picking Kununurra; the town has Fruit Picking Jobs most of the year and is a good place for backpackers looking for a visa extension after doing 3 month's harvest work. The main fruit picking time starts around May and goes through to November with peak time's being around June/August & October/November. The main crops are melons, pumpkins, sweet corn, mangoes, and there is tree planting all year round.
The area is a popular tourist destination from May through to October and there are many hotels, resorts, cafes, cattle stations that require staff.
Fruit Picking Kununurra; When Should I go there for Fruit Picking Jobs?
|April - June||Citrus|
|May - September||Tree planting / Weeding|
|May - November||Melons, pumpkins|
|October - December||Mangoes|
Fruit Picking Kununurra Contacts
- Barradale Farm (08) 9169 1386
- Bluey's Outback Farm (08) 9168 2177
- Ivanhoe Farms (08) 9168 1613
- Tropical Sands (08) 9168 1878
- Rocky Lerch (08) 91681216
- Bothkamp Australia Farm (08) 9168 1305
The Job Shop
114a Coolibah Drive
PO Box 1014,
Kununurra WA 6743
Phone: 08 9168 1500
Fax: 08 9168 2485
How to Get There for Fruit Picking Work?
The town of Kununurra is 3247 kilometres north of Perth. Kununurra is an inland town situated in the Kimberley. The town is close to Lake Argyle and the Northern Territory border.
Fruit Picking Kununurra Accommodation
- Kununurra Backpackers caters for all international travelers from a short stay visitor to long term worker wanting to extend your Working Holiday Visa by doing some fruit picking.
- Kimberley Croc Backpackers YHA offers resort style budget accommodation and is centrally located in the heart of Kununurra.